This policy, together with our Acceptable Use Policy, is the basis on which we will process any personal data that you provide or we collect from you.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is movingandimproving.co.uk of Portland House, Belmont Business Park, Durham DH1 1TW. Data Protection Registration number: A8201913
Your online privacy is important to us and movingandimproving.co.uk is committed to safeguarding this information. Any information we collect from you will be used by movingandimproving.co.uk and our Service Providers (e.g. Estate Agents, Surveyors, Engineers, Conveyancers etc.) to provide you with competitive quotes and information on their services to enable you to make an informed choice
If you have received quotes from us you may need to contact our Service Providers directly to remove your details.
The information do we collect from you
We collect limited personally identifying data about you when you request a quote from our service providers who promote their services via our comparison tables. We will request the following information from you:
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your address and postcode
- Your telephone number
- And any other relevant information to help us provide you with the quotation
- If you enter any competitions or surveys, additional information may be required
How we use the information you provide
- The information you provide will be shared with our service providers, in order for them to contact you when you have requested a quotation or service.
- We will use your information to manage our day today business and analysis of users of the site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may, from time-to-time also ask you to complete surveys that we may use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Your data helps us to improve the site, analyse what we do and inform how we should develop our business based on trends, usage and feedback.
- Administer the site
- Send you our newsletter or details of other offers
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if you choose to do so.
- Inform you about any changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We do not sell your data, but we do share it with our service providers when you request a quotation or service. In such case you may be contacted by email, post or telephone. We will only pass your information to the service providers relevant to the service for which you have registered.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If movingandimproving.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
From time-to-time our site may contain links to and from our partner networks or sites, advertisers and or affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We advise you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. This is why our Sites use HTTPS to help keep information about you secure.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access once we have received your information.
We recommend you use strong passwords, when you create an account and which you do not disclose to third parties. We would not ask you to disclose your password to any members of our team, partners or affiliate
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can contact us by email or in writing to remove any data we hold about you to firstname.lastname@example.org or Moving and Improving Ltd. Portland House, Belmont Business Park, Durham, DH1 1TW.
We comply with the requirements within Data Protection Act 1998 and are GDPR compliant in how we hold and process data.
Moving and Improving Ltd. is registered under the Data Protection Act, number A8201913. www.ico.org.uk
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This does not identify any individual but is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns
The cookies we use or by third party partners on this Site fall into the following categories:
- Session Management
These are used so you can move freely from one page to another and can access and use certain services within the site. These cookies normally only last while your browser is open and are deleted when it is closed (session). There are some however that may need remain for longer than the duration of your visit
These cookies allow us to monitor how visitors use our site to ensure we provide a good experience. The information is anonymous but provides us with statistics on how many people visit the Site, where they have come from and the pages they visit. This enables us to continue to develop and improve the Site and our services to you.
This type of cookie allows you to set and store preferences for the Site, e.g. when you login to post comments or where you are offered the option to customise elements of the layout or content of the Site.
- Interest-based advertising
This type of cookie allows third parties to identify what you find interesting thereby allowing you a more personalised and relevant selection of advertisements displayed when you browse the internet. These are anonymous but build an overall picture of an individual’s preferences based how they have browsed the internet in order to deliver more relevant advertising.
- On-site banner advertisements
Through our advertising platform Google DoubleClick we may delegate positions on our Site to other third party advertising agencies and networks who may advertise using cookies through to our website.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Your business is important to us, your data allows us to provide you with a service, and our reputation and adherence to all legislation regarding data and keeping it safe and using it appropriately is crucial to us. If at any time you are concerned, or would like to discuss any aspect of the data we hold and what we are doing with it , please contact us:
Customerservices@movingandimproving.co.uk or at our registered address. We aim to respond to any correspondence within 15 working days of receipt.