Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
These terms apply to all users and visitors to our sites www.movingandimproving.co.uk “The Sites”
Movingandimproving.co.uk and movingandimproving.com are sites operated by Moving and Improving Ltd (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10539455 and have our registered office and trading address at Portland House, Belmont Business Park, Durham, DH1 1TW. Our VAT number is 275 1197 91
This Acceptable Use Policy is intended to provide a framework for use of “The Sites”. It should be interpreted such that it has the widest application and so as to include new and developing technologies and uses, which may not be explicitly referred to.
It is the responsibility of all users to read and understand this policy. This policy may be updated from time to time, in order to comply with legal and policy requirements.
Terms and conditions
Use of the Sites are subject to all of the Terms below, and by using the Sites you agree to all of the terms and conditions.
Our sites are free to use for personal use, but if you proceed to use one of our service provider’s services or products, we will charge them a small fee.
Any service or product offered by a service provider on our Sites is subject to their own terms and conditions. Your contract is with the individual service provider and Moving and Improving have no part to that contract. Any dissatisfaction, complaint or dispute regarding any service must be between you and the individual service provider.
The information we provide on the Sites is regularly updated and checked for accuracy, however, Moving and Improving accept no responsibility for the validity, acceptability or adequacy of the services our service providers provide. Before purchasing any service or product, you must make sure it is suitable for your requirements. Any service purchased will be subject to the service provider’s terms and conditions and any other stipulations or conditions they may make, apply or charge.
We may amend our terms and conditions at any time, and it is your responsibility to check each time you use this site.
We have no responsibility for the service providers amending or changing their terms and conditions or prices.
Any quotations provided by Moving and Improving are an estimate only based on information you have provided and as publicised by the individual service providers. Charges and quotations may change and any subsequent fees or charges levied by our service providers are a contract between you and them. We accept no liability for any service you purchase, either in its suitability, cost or any subsequent dispute or dissatisfaction with the service purchased.
If at any time you are unhappy with the service received from one of our service providers, you must deal directly with them. We would like to hear about your dissatisfaction as we reserve the right to remove a service provider at any time.
Moving and Improving collate general pricing information from our service providers, which we present to you. We recommend that you make sure any service you purchase is suitable for your requirements and you accept responsibility for any contract you enter in to with any service provider. The fees and charges we present in our comparison tables are a quotation only and may change.
The trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Sites and in the information, content, material or data that we display on the Sites belong to us and all such rights are reserved.
Logos and trademarks displayed on the Sites must not be used or reproduced, unless approved in writing by us.
The information we provide is for your personal use and must not be used for commercial purposes, copied, extracted, published or used in a way that would bring disrepute to the Sites.
The information and quotations provided by the service providers are general information, and should be used as a guide only. You should make sure you are aware of any actual fees and charges before entering in to any contract or purchasing any of the services.
Any service you purchase is subject to the individual service provider’s terms and conditions
We do not recommend or endorse any of the services we advertise, it is your responsibility to make sure the service is suitable and adequate.
We do not arbitrate or intervene in any issue that may arise between a service provider and you.
It is up to the service providers to ensure they advertise relevant and current fees and information, and Moving and Improving accept no responsibility for any misrepresentation of an individual’s service provider’s quotations, service, fees or charges.
It remains at all times, your responsibility to check all of the information before purchasing a service
Moving and Improving reserve the right to remove a service provider at any time. Our service providers are subject to terms and conditions as stated on our site.
The sites may not be used directly or indirectly by a User for the download, creation, manipulation, transmission or storage of:
- any offensive, obscene or indecent images, data or other material, or any data capable of being resolved into obscene or indecent images or material;
- unlawful material, or material that is defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, extremist or which has the potential to radicalise themselves or others;
- unsolicited “nuisance” emails;
- material which is subsequently used to facilitate harassment, bullying and/or victimisation of a member of our sites or a third party;
- material which promotes discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- material with the intent to defraud or which is likely to deceive a third party;
- material which advocates or promotes any unlawful act;
- material that infringes the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of a third party, or that is in breach of a legal duty owed to another party; or
- material that brings “The sites” into disrepute.
The sites must not be deliberately used by a User for activities having, or likely to have, any of the following characteristics:
- intentionally wasting any member’s effort or resources;
- corrupting, altering or destroying “The sites” data;
- disrupting the work of other Users or the correct functioning of “The site”; or
- pursuance of commercial activities. Contact movingandimproving.co.uk to discuss your commercial needs.
Any breach of industry good practice that is likely to damage the reputation of “The sites” network will also be regarded prima facie as unacceptable use
Where “The site” is being used to access another network, any abuse of the acceptable use policy of that network will be regarded as unacceptable use of “The site”.
Users shall not:
- introduce data-interception, password-detecting or similar software or devices to “The sites”;
- seek to gain unauthorised access to restricted areas of “The sites”;
- access or try to access data where the user knows or ought to know that they should have no access;
- carry out any hacking activities; or
- intentionally or recklessly introduce any form of spyware, computer virus or other potentially malicious software.
Consequences of Breach
In the event of a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy by a User “The sites” may in its sole discretion:
- restrict or terminate a User’s right to use the “The sites”;
- withdraw or remove any material uploaded by that User in contravention of this Policy; or
- where appropriate, disclose information to law enforcement agencies and take any legal action against a User for breach of this Policy, including but not limited to claiming all costs, fees and disbursements (including but not limited to legal fees) connected therewith.
- We exclude any liability for any actions you take that breach these acceptable use terms